Grand Prize Rules
“Play It Forward Grand Prize Sweepstakes”
VH1 Save the Music Foundation
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSORS AS PROVIDED BELOW.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA AND HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
2. The Play It Forward Grand Prize Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who enter any of the VH1 Save the Music Foundation Play It Forward contests throughout the 2016-2017 Contest Period, and who are 18 years of age as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia, EXCLUDING ALASKA AND HAWAII and is void where prohibited by law. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings whether or not living in the same household) of Viacom Media Networks, a division of Viacom International Inc. (“VMN”), The VH1 Save the Music Foundation (“STMF”), (VMM and STMF, collectively the “Sponsors”), and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, sponsors, advertising agencies, third party fulfillment agencies, agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns (collectively, with Sponsors, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
3. Entry Period: The 2016-2017 Contest Period commences at 12:00:01 PM eastern time (“ET”) on October 21, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on August 15, 2017. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 AM ET on August 15, 2017.
4. Sweepstakes Overview: The Sweepstakes is a game of chance where participants (each an “Individual”) are automatically entered into a random drawing for the Grand Prize when the Individual (“Entrant”) enters any other VH1 Save the Music Foundation Play It Forward contests (the “Contests”) during the 2016-2017 Contest Period. Winner will be randomly selected from all entries properly submitted in this Sweepstakes. ￼￼￼￼￼￼
5. Agreement to Rules: By participating in Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsors, and by the decisions of Sponsors, which are final in all matters relating to Sweepstakes; (b) release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in the Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of Grand Prize and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action; and (c) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant.
image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information (“Entrant Information”), and/or any portions or excerpts thereof, in any manner, an unlimited number of times, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised for any purpose, throughout the universe, in perpetuity. Sponsors may use the Entrant Information to advertise, promote and publicize, the Sweepstakes, Contests, Sponsors’ worldwide programming services and/or any other Sponsors’ websites in any and all media throughout the universe and may authorize others to do so; such advertising, promotion and publicity may include portions and excerpts, in addition to cut-in, synchronized, dubbed and superimposed versions of the Entrant Information. Entrant acknowledges that Sponsors may use the Entrant Information in accordance with the permission granted herein without any payment to the undersigned or any third party. In submitting an entry into this Sweepstakes or any Contest(s), Entrant, agrees to, confirms and represents to Sponsors that neither he/she nor anyone else has engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with this Sweepstakes or any Contest(s) that: (aa) may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living thing or any property; (bb) may or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to person, living things or property; (cc) is or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortious conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party; or (dd) violates any of the terms or conditions of these Official Rules. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively hereinafter referred to as the “Eligible Entries”. Incomplete or inaccurate entries are void.
7. Grand Prize Drawing: The potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about August 15, 2017 from among all eligible entries received for the duration of the 2016-2017 Contest Period. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Grand Prize: The Grand Prize Winner will receive two (2) round-trip tickets to New York City, hotel, and two (2) tickets to the VH1 Save the Music 20th Anniversary Gala Event in September 2017. In addition, the Grand Prize Winner will have the unique opportunity to attend an instrument delivery event at a VH1 Save the Music school in the Fall 2017. Winner and a known Celebrity Ambassador of the Foundation will present a brand new instrument program to a public school in need provided by one of VH1 STM sponsors. The total approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $3,500. Prize must be redeemed within the 2017 calendar year and is subject to availability. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of Grand Prize award and is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Grand Prize fulfillment. The specifics of the Grand Prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsors. No cash or other prize substitution is permitted except at Sponsors’ sole discretion. The Prize is nontransferable, except at Sponsors’ sole discretion and subject to availability and eligibility. Any and all Grand Prize related expenses, and/or any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole ￼responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. No substitution of Grand Prize or transfer/assignment of Grand Prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of Grand Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade and as otherwise provided herein, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Upon receipt of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof, Grand Prize Winner, is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations in addition to any federal, state and local taxes which may become due with respect to the Grand Prize, as applicable.
9. Grand Prize Winner Selection and Notification: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received, under the supervision of the Sponsors, on or about August 15, 2017 at 12:00 p.m., or as soon as is commercially reasonable thereafter. Sponsor’s selection of a winner, and Sponsor’s decisions on all matters related to this Sweepstakes, are final and binding. Sponsors will make up to two (2) attempts over the twenty-four (24) hour period following the Grand Prize Winner selection to contact the potential Grand Prize Winner (as applicable). If the potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached during the twenty-four (24) hour period in which he/she is called (no messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems), the potential Grand Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Grand Prize Winner (as applicable) will be selected. In addition, Sponsors reserve the right to select an alternate Grand Prize Winner in the event that the Grand Prize Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules. Grand Prize must complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsors. The Grand Prize Winner must sign (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of Sponsors, and their corporate parents, subsidiaries affiliated entities, advertising agencies, promotional agencies and their respective employees, from any and all liability, claims, demands and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use or acceptance of the Grand Prize as applicable, or any portion thereof), to be eligible for the Grand Prize (as applicable), as applicable; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting the right to use his or her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. Additionally, Entrants may be required to provide references (upon request) that verify an entry’s accuracy. Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s agreement to sign such releases and his/her understanding that receipt of the Grand Prize (if selected as the Grand Prize Winner) is contingent upon his/her agreement to sign all required releases granting permission to award the Grand Prize to such Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsors and return them to Sponsors within three (3) days after receipt of such documents. Noncompliance may result in disqualification. The receipt by Grand Prize Winner of the Grand Prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY GRAND PRIZE WINNER (AT SPONSORS’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINTATED.
10. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER OR ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (AS DETERMINED BY THE AFFECTED SWEEPSTAKES ENTITY IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION), WILL RESULT IN SUCH GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S
DISQUALIFICATION AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, or any incomplete, lost, late, delayed, misdirected or garbled entries or failure to receive entries, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Grand Prize or Grand Prize Winner. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in VMN’s on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes or for any reason that Sweepstakes Entities deem it necessary, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, and to determine the Grand Prize Winner in its sole discretion. Should the Sweepstakes be modified or terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Sweepstakes Site and the Grand Prize may be awarded to a Grand Prize Winner to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and/or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination, or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsors. All interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsors and decisions of Sponsors are final. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find: (a) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (b) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (c) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. ￼FURTHER, IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED ￼TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, ￼OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OTHER THAN
￼ENTRANT’S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (I.E. COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS ￼SWEEPSTAKES), IF ANY, AND ENTRANT FURTHER WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES ￼MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED. Entrants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective affiliated companies, parents, sponsors, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, members (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all liabilities, claims, suits, losses, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) and actions of any kind resulting or arising from: (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) any breach or violation of any representation, warranty, obligation or covenant made by each Entrant herein, (iii) the acceptance, possession, use, misuse, or nonuse of any prize; (iv) participating in or traveling to any promotion-related activity; or (v) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. and each Entrant agrees to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Indemnified Parties, and hereby acknowledge that the Indemnified Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prize. Sponsors reserve the right to update or modify these Official Rules, if necessary, for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
11. Disputes: THE UNITED STATES ￼￼￼THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF STATE OF NEW YORK, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of AND THE ￼￼participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved ￼between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be ￼resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in ￼having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be ￼permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential ￼damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. ￼costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), if any, and participant further waives all rights to have ￼damages multiplied or increased.
13. Request for Names of Grand Prize Winner and Official Rules: For the names of the Grand Prize Winner and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Viacom Media Networks
RE: “Play It Forward Grand Prize Sweepstakes”
Attn: VH1 Digital Marketing ￼
1540 Broadway, 29th Floor New York, NY 10036
All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Grand Prize Winner must be made by December 31, 2017. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the names of the “Grand Prize Winner”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
14. Sponsors: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Viacom Media Networks, 1515 Broadway New York, NY 10036; VH1 Save the Music Foundation, 1540 Broadway New York, NY.